You’ll feel good about eating these no bake cookies with wholesome dark chocolate, oats and coconut flakes, reminiscent of an Almond Joy.
It’s time for another 5 Ingredient Friday recipe, and I have to say when it comes to dessert making, using a handful of ingredients makes this a tough challenge to accomplish.
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted a treat, and as I was noodling on what I could make with just 5 ingredients, the inspiration for a no bake cookie recipe flashed across my mind.
If you stick to Greek yogurt and berries, making a 5 ingredient dessert would be a breeze, but Mr. Mike would never accept a bowl of fruit as his idea of dessert.
On the other hand, cookies of any variety would be perfectly acceptable in his estimation. But making a 5 ingredient cookie is a tough call, so I’m sticking with no bake.
Besides, if you’ve been visiting here often, you’ll remember I’m not big on baking. I do it under duress, or when a cobbler craving hits, or when Mike wants a treat. Baking and dessert making require a precision which is definitely not my strength.
But I can certainly handle melting coconut oil and chocolate in a pan, then adding oats and coconut flakes to the mix. Not much precision required there!
My ice cream scoop did a good job of making portion controlled sizes of these chocolaty no bake cookies. If treats are on the counter, I find it very useful to make sure they’re reasonable portions. It keeps me from gobbling down more than my waistline would like.
Mr. Mike stopped by for lunch just in time for the unveiling of my 5 ingredient cookies, and promptly ate 4 of them for his lunch. So much for portion control!
Oh well, he doesn’t often find treats in the cupboard, and it’s Friday, so why not live a little! All things in moderation, right?
5 Ingredient No Bake Cookies with Dark Chocolate, Oats and Coconut
- 8 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, this is the low calorie coconut drinking milk you find in the dairy section of the grocery store
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat melt the coconut oil, coconut milk, and the dark chocolate chips together until smooth - approximately 3 - 4 minutes. Stir continuously until melted.
- Add oats and coconut flakes and gently fold together.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop cookies on a parchment or wax paper lined cookie sheet, gently pressing each cooking into a cookie shape.
- Chill for a minimum of 30 minutes before serving.
- Store cooking in the refrigerator to keep them firm.
Food energy: 135kcal
Weight Watchers Smart Points 6
Saturated fatty acids: 5.60g
Monounsaturated fatty acids: 1.18g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 0.53g
Total fat: 7.44g
Calories from fat: 66
Carbohydrate, by difference: 15.01g
Total dietary fiber: 2.16g
Total lipid (fat): 6.56g
Total sugars: 3.56g
FYI – I made these peanut butter and jelly no bake cookies for Mike a few years back. Who doesn’t love PB & J!
The kitchen gadgets used in the recipe that I would highly recommend are my Calphalon nonstick baking sheets. I’ve had mine for years, and they’re scratched and worn, but I couldn’t live without them!
Motherrimmy.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I only recommend products I use myself.