I love date day with the girls.
Especially when the date includes Debbie, Sandi and good food like this kale salad with apples, cucumbers and ham.
The inspiration for this crunchy salad came from a local Asian food truck. I was so intrigued by the combination of ingredients that I had to attempt to recreate it myself, and who better to try it out on then Debbie and Sandi.
The kale, apples, cucumbers and ham chopped into bite sized pieces and tossed with a sweet dressing and sprinkle of Parmesan cheese made this salad finger pickin good. We picked at the bowl while be made these lovely planters Deb found on Pinterest and sipped Deb’s mojitos.
That’s Debbie on the left and Sandi on the right.
We did a good job, didn’t we? Salad included. As I said, you can’t beat date day with the girls.
Have a terrific weekend!
- 2 cups cucumber, chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup shallots, finely chopped
- 1 large apple , chopped into small pieces
- 6 cups kale, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups ham, chopped into small pieces
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- 1 packets stevia
- ½ small lime juice
- ⅛ cup rice vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili garlic sauce, more or less depending on your taste
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Combine cucumber, shallot, apple, kale and ham in a large bowl.
- Combine olive oil, stevia, lime juice, rice vinegar and chili garlic sauce in a bowl.
- Toss dressing with salad ingredients, then add parmesan and toss to distribute.
Calories: 292kcal Weight Watchers PointsPlus 8 Saturated fatty acids: 3.91g Monounsaturated fatty acids: 7.60g Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 1.46g Total fat: 12.97g Calories from fat: 116 Cholesterol: 28mg Carbohydrate, by difference: 22.11g Total dietary fiber: 3.84g Protein: 22.72g
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.