This cookie recipe by ccsick on Allrecipes.com is the best breakfast cookie recipe I’ve found yet, and boy have I been searching!
I added raisins and walnuts, but you really don’t need to if you don’t like them. The cookie uses whole wheat flour and honey. That makes it tops on my list. Fresh apple and cinnamon add moisture and great flavor.
If you’re looking for a healthy change to your usual cereal, or toast and coffee, then these healthy cookies are for you. Give them a try, you won’t be disappointed. Crunchy on the outside, and light and fluffy on the inside. Yum!
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup stone ground whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, honey, egg and vanilla until smooth. Combine the whole wheat flour, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats and apple. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- 3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 5.26g
Total Carbs: 13.01g
Dietary Fiber: 1.01g
Weight Watchers Points 2
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.