While the couscous on the plate you see in the picture wasn’t a hit with my husband (was with me), the apricots and pork were off the charts. He raved about how I should take a piece of apricot and make sure I put it on the fork with the pork.
I would have liked more sauce, and added 1/4 cup dry white wine and 1 tsp minced fresh thyme. I would even add more thyme the next time I make it to add more depth of flavor. It worked well with the honey and apricots.
The Whole-Wheat Couscous with Pistachios and Orange Zest was served up in another blog post here at Mother Rimmy’s, and isn’t included in this recipe. Recipe modified from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 each 1/2" thick pork rib chops
- 4 apricots pitted and cut into wedges
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and steamed
- In an extra large non-stick pan heat olive oil, salt and pepper pork and cook 5 minutes, turning once over medium high heat.
- Add apricot, honey, wine, thyme and garlic and cook until apricot is tender and pork is just done.
- Serve with green beans and sauce from pan.
14 g fat
207 mg sodium
4 g fiber
Weight Watchers Points 6
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.