If you wrap up the vegetables you think your family won’t touch into a whole grain tortilla with their favorite meat, you’ll eliminate the picky eating syndrome in your house. After all, who doesn’t love a tortilla stuffed with tasty ingredients.
I often use Mexican inspired seasonings, but this chicken wrap recipe shakes things up a bit with my favorite teriyaki sauce, crunchy cabbage, and good for you – broccoli.
This is the way to get your family to eat their broccoli! As you can see, I used a bit too much sauce, so you may want to reduce the amount of teriyaki sauce if you aren’t into mopping it up with your wrap.
Healthy cooking tip . . .
Pack as many vegetables as you can into a dish. All it takes is 1/2 cup of cooked vegetables to get in one serving of the five servings you need in a day.
- 1/2 cup Newman's Own Teriyaki Marinade
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, or olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli, florets
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 4 large tortillas
- 1. Marinade chicken for 30 minutes in 1/2 cup Newman's Own Teriyaki marinade. Preheat oven to 400 and wrap chicken thighs in foil. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2. In a large non-stick pan over medium high heat add coconut oil and onion. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes to soften, then add carrots. Cook another 5 minutes until softened, then add broccoli florets. Cook another 3 - 4 minutes to soften the florets. Add cabbage and cook another 3 - 4 minutes to soften cabbage. Add vegetable broth as needed to keep from burning.
- 3. Chop chicken and add to stir fry.
- 4. Spoon 1/4 stir fry mixture into the first third of a tortilla leaving room on the sides. Fold each side over the mixture, then the bottom (the side closest to you) over and roll. Alternately, fold how you like. It all tastes the same.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 336, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 4
Total Fat: 7.12g
Total Carbs: 15.94g
Dietary Fiber: 7.83g
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.