My wonderful sister-in-law, Kathleen, called the other day so excited about a recipe for Chinese Cabbage Salad, that I just couldn’t help but catch her enthusiasm.
A friend had served her a salad of crunchy noodles and cabbage, tossed with an easy dressing using the ramen noodle seasoning packet for the dressing. How easy is that?
Next time I make this salad, I’ll add leftover chicken breast to make the salad into a meal. How good does that sound!
- 1 bag cabbage
- 4 large green onion, sliced
- 1 package top ramen noodles
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup almonds, sliced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 package snow peas
- 2 tbs cooking oil
- Combine seasoning packet with vinegar, water and oil.
- Combine remaining ingredients, crumbling ramen noodles into the salad.
- Dress with salad dressing and allow to sit in the refrigerator for an hour to blend flavors.
What’s good for me in this dish?
Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin C, fiber, manganese, folate, vitamin B6, potassium, and omega-3 fatty acids. Cabbage protects against cardiovascular disease, some kinds of cancers, Alzheimer’s Disease and gastrointestinal health.
Total Fat: 13.20g
Total Carbs: 17.68g
Dietary Fiber: 4.04g
Weight Watchers Points 4
Nutrition details obtained from whfoods.org, nutritiondata.com, about.com, and abouthomecooking.com.