When folks would leave most of the food I served them on their plates, I used to take it personally and stew about it all – night – long.
What could I have done better?
Maybe I should have added this or that, and then they would have loved my dish?
That was the case with this recipe for baked cod. The cod disappeared quickly, but the kale came back to the kitchen untouched.
When it comes to easy dinners, I love a meal in a packet like these Mediterranean chicken thighs, so I decided to toss kale and cod with a spicy mustard sauce and wrap it up in a packet too!
Since kale tops my happy list, I was delighted when I opened my packet, but what about Mr. Mike?
The other member of the household wasn’t thrilled with his kale. In fact, the kale never left the plate. Good to know the cod and sauce were a hit!
We all have different tastes, don’t we? That’s why I’ve learned not to get my tail in a knot when food comes back to the kitchen untouched. After all, tomorrow is another day, and I’ll have another chance to turn out a tasty meal.
Happy, healthy cooking!
- 4 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon thyme, minced
- 8 cups kale, chopped
- 1 pound cod, 4 each filets
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 4 large sheets of foil with cooking spray.
- Combine mustard, horseradish sauce, lemon juice, onion and thyme in a bowl.
- Top each piece of foil with two cups of greens and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Top greens with a filet of cod, lightly seasoning with salt and pepper. Top each piece of cod with 1/4 of the sauce mixture and fold the foil together to make a packet.
- Bake for 25 minutes until cod is cooked through.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Calories: 171kcal Weight Watchers PointsPlus 4 Saturated fatty acids: 0.32g Monounsaturated fatty acids: 0.60g Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 0.84g Total fat: 1.76g Calories from fat: 15 Cholesterol: 53mg Carbohydrate, by difference: 18.24g Total dietary fiber: 4.44g Protein: 23.03g
Don’t forget to sign up for our weekly newsletter packed with healthy cooking tips and tasty recipes.
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content.
Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.