You won’t miss your favorite fried donut when you take a bite of these easy mini baked banana donuts.
When it comes to donuts, I believe it would be hard to find a person who doesn’t like them. The varieties of sweet, tender, fragrant donuts are endless.
Myself, I’m a plain donut fan, so when I found this baked donut recipe from Wilde in the Kitchen, I knew I’d hit the jackpot!
I had a few swaps to make this recipe for baked donuts a bit healthier.
Coconut oil is a nice change from vegetable oil, and whole wheat pastry flour (Bob’s Red Mill makes a brand available almost anywhere for less then $5 a bag), is a terrific whole grain choice for baking flour.
Can I convince you that these baked donuts rival your local bakery’s deep fried offerings?
Of course not!
But if you’re looking for a healthier treat that you can feel good about eating, then this baked donut recipe is for you.
Happy, healthy cooking!
Check out the healthy tip at the bottom of this post for butternut squash soup for information on the health benefits of coconut oil.
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large banana, over-ripe and mashed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- Melt coconut oil and allow to cool slightly. Then add honey and eggs and combine.
- Add vanilla and mashed banana and combine well.
- Add cinnamon and pastry flour. Fold in, but don't over combine or donuts will be tough.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and fill a non-stick mini donut baking pan with dough. Do not overfill cups. I filled mine just to the top.
Saturated fatty acids: 3.21g
Monounsaturated fatty acids: 0.47g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 0.27g
Total fat: 3.95g
Calories from fat: 35
Carbohydrate, by difference: 16.09g
Total dietary fiber: 1.01g
If you’re looking for more healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.