I don’t consider this a calorie friendly salad recipe unless you make it your evening meal, or if you are having company and want to serve an impressive starter salad.
The colorful combination of lettuces, with crunchy on the outside – creamy on the inside goat cheese, is fantastic.
While I can’t credit the originator of this easy salad recipe as I’ve had it for some time, I’m certainly grateful they had such a terrific imagination.
- 4 slices wheat bread
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ? teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 ounces goat cheese
- 12 ounces lettuce
- Heat oven to 375.
- Pulse one slice bread in food processor to make bread crumbs.
- Cut 3 slices bread into 1/2" cubes. Put bread crumbs and cubes on baking pan and spray with cooking spray. Springle with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Put walnut pieces on a smaller baking pan and bake both bread crumbs and walnuts 10 minutes until browned.
- Whisk together vinegar, sugar and dijon. Then slowly drizzle in olive oil to make dressing.
- Remove walnuts and bread from oven and increase heat to 400. Separate bread cubes from crumbs.
- Slice goat cheese in 1/2" slices and press both sides of goat cheese into bread crumbs and bake 5 - 10 minutes until heated through and slightly crispy.
- Toss lettuce with dressing, walnuts and bread cubes.
- Serve with baked goat cheese.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 31.27g
Total Carbs: 13.24g
Dietary Fiber: 2.83g
Old Weight Watchers Points 10
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.