I love chicken. It’s kind of the family joke. How much chicken can Kristi eat? Tons! Anyway, this recipe for baked chicken uses Hoisin sauce. Hoisin is an Asian sauce made from soybean paste and flavored with garlic, sugar, chilies, and other spices and ingredients. Some people call it the “Asian barbecue sauce.”
This chicken recipe from Sunset Quick Cooking for Two was fantastic, served with brown rice and Broccoli in Spicy Orange Sauce. I loved the fresh cilantro, green onions and lemon peel.
It says it serves 2, but a standard serving of chicken breast is 4 oz. This recipe calls for two 8 ounce chicken breasts. Really it serves 4. I would half the calories and Weight Watchers points and call this service for 4.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts 4 oz each
- 2 tbs Hoisin sauce
- 2 tbs apricot jam
- 2 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tsp shredded lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Bake chicken for 15 minutes.
- Combine Hoisin sauce and apricot jam and coat chicken.
- Bake chicken another 15 minutes until done.
- Meanwhile combine cilantro, onion and lemon.
- Remove chicken from pan and stir up juices. Top chicken with pan juices and cilantro mixture.
3 g fat
473 mg sodium
1 g fiber
53 g protein
Weight Watchers Points 7