Every so often I’m in the mood for a fancy breakfast, so I break out my crepe pan and serve my family a breakfast worth remembering.
I’m sorry, but if you’re looking for an expert crepe maker, you won’t find her here. But you will find someone who has fun making odd shaped, sweet banana pancakes in the guise of “crepes.”
I start my crepes by dumping whole wheat pastry flour, eggs, low fat milk, and bananas into my Magic Bullet.
I whir the mixture until it’s completely combined, then I let my batter sit on the counter until the bubbles subside.
As you can see, a flourish around the pan left a few batter spatters, but it’s all part of the crepe making experience.
After I’ve expertly flipped my crepe so the other side browns (this is hardly the truth, my first two attempts crumbled into a ball), I got the hang of it and managed to plate a lovely, sweet banana crepe filled with colorful fresh berries and tart Greek yogurt.
Not fancy, but definitely family pleasing. Can’t beat that!
Have a wonderful weekend!
- 1 medium banana, overripe
- ½ cup chai tea
- 1 large eggs
- ¼ cup low fat milk
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons low fat greek yogurt
- Preheat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Combine ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Tamp blender jar on the counter to move bubbles to the top and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Combine berries and sugar. Warm in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Rub pan with butter and add ¼ cup batter. Swish around the pan to coat. Allow batter to bubble and brown on one side for a minute or two, then flip and brown the other side. Be gentle as pancakes can break easily. I lifted a corner, then gently flipped.
- Top crepes with berries and roll up. Then add a dollop of Greek yogurt on top.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 3
Saturated fatty acids: 1.26g
Monounsaturated fatty acids: 0.76g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 0.43g
Total fat: 2.46g
Calories from fat: 22
Carbohydrate, by difference: 21.96g
Total dietary fiber: 2.77g
Total lipid (fat): 2.76g
Total sugars: 10.47g
Vitamin C: 6.63mg
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.