Every so often I’m in the mood for a fancy breakfast, so I break out my crepe pan and serve my family a breakfast worth remembering.
I’m sorry, but if you’re looking for an expert crepe maker, you won’t find her here. But you will find someone who has fun making odd shaped, sweet banana pancakes in the guise of “crepes.”
I start my crepes by dumping whole wheat pastry flour, eggs, low fat milk, and bananas into my Magic Bullet.
I whir the mixture until it’s completely combined, then I let my batter sit on the counter until the bubbles subside.
As you can see, a flourish around the pan left a few batter spatters, but it’s all part of the crepe making experience.
After I’ve expertly flipped my crepe so the other side browns (this is hardly the truth, my first two attempts crumbled into a ball), I got the hang of it and managed to plate a lovely, sweet banana crepe filled with colorful fresh berries and tart Greek yogurt.
Not fancy, but definitely family pleasing. Can’t beat that!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Serves 6 crepes
Shake It Up! Not chai tea? Use milk instead. Almond milk works well too. No whole wheat pastry flour? Whole wheat flour works, but will make a bit tougher crepe. White flour can be used as well.
- 1 medium banana, overripe
- ½ cup chai tea
- 1 large eggs
- ¼ cup low fat milk
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons low fat greek yogurt
- Preheat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Combine ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Tamp blender jar on the counter to move bubbles to the top and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Combine berries and sugar. Warm in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Rub pan with butter and add 1/4 cup batter. Swish around the pan to coat. Allow batter to bubble and brown on one side for a minute or two, then flip and brown the other side. Be gentle as pancakes can break easily. I lifted a corner, then gently flipped.
- Top crepes with berries and roll up. Then add a dollop of Greek yogurt on top.
Calories: 121kcal Weight Watchers PointsPlus 3 Saturated fatty acids: 1.26g Monounsaturated fatty acids: 0.76g Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 0.43g Total fat: 2.46g Calories from fat: 22 Cholesterol: 38mg Carbohydrate, by difference: 21.96g Total dietary fiber: 2.77g Protein: 4.29g Total lipid (fat): 2.76g Water: 86.41g Ash: 0.79g Total sugars: 10.47g Calcium: 54mg Iron: 0.73mg Magnesium: 26mg Phosphorus: 97mg Potassium: 210mg Sodium: 29mg Zinc: 0.68mg Copper: 0.09mg Manganese: 0.63mg Selenium: 10.18?g Vitamin C: 6.63mg
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.