These easy breakfast cookies are packed with healthy ingredients.
You’ll love the oatmeal, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, and banana. All ingredients reported to be heart healthy are combined with peanut butter to make this really easy breakfast cookie recipe.
Keep in mind, these oatmeal cookies are a little bigger than the size of a regular chocolate chip cookie. At 230 calories, or 4 Weight Watchers points each, I don’t consider these a calorie friendly breakfast. There are a lot of calories in these cookies. However, they really are packed with great stuff, so I would definetly make these for times when I know I’m going to want an extra boost, or if I’m wanting to indulge in something sweet with my tea or coffee.
Recipe from http://my.hearthealthyonline.com
Serves 12 cookies
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large banana, mashed (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup chunky natural peanut butter (unsalted and unsweetened) or regular chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat two cookie sheets with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, stir together banana, peanut butter, honey, and vanilla. In a small bowl, combine oats, flour, milk powder, cinnamon, and baking soda. Stir the oat mixture into the banana mixture until combined. Stir in dried cranberries.
- Using a 1/4-cup measure, drop mounds of dough 3 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. With a thin metal or small plastic spatula dipped in water, flatten and spread each mound of dough to a 2 3/4-inch round, about 1/2-inch thick. Once baked, each cookie will be about 3-1/2 to 4 inches in diameter.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for 14 to 16 minutes or until browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months; thaw before serving.
Nutrition facts per serving:
- Servings Per Recipe 12 breakfast cookies
- Calories 227
- Total Fat (g) 6
- Saturated Fat (g) 1
- Cholesterol (mg) 0
- Sodium (mg) 77
- Carbohydrate (g) 37
- Fiber (g) 4
- Protein (g) 6
Old WW Points 4