When I need a go-to recipe, I count on friends to come through.
Family tested recipes are all well and good, but why not mix it up and serve up something new?
Recipes passed from friend to friend have been satisfaction tested to the ultimate degree.
This bean dip recipe was passed from to my friend, Carol, from her friend, Carol.
How can you miss when two Carols – and their family and friends – rave about the same bean dip.
Carol was missing the black eyed peas so she subbed in a few kidney beans. That’s what I love about recipes like this – almost any can of beans you have in the cupboard will work.
Finely chopped onion, cilantro and jalapeno really take this easy bean dip over the top when it’s showcased in crunchy corn chips.
Thank you Carol! I’m passing the torch along to my foodie friends. This is an appetizer recipe worth sharing.
Happy, healthy cooking!
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can shoe peg corn, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno, finely chopped
- Mix ingredients and chill for one our to blend flavors. Serve with your favorite whole grain chips.
Calories 101kcal Weight Watchers PointsPlus 3 Saturated fatty acids: 0.06g Monounsaturated fatty acids: 0.06g Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 0.14g Total fat: 0.26g Calories from fat: 2 Cholesterol: -- Carbohydrate, by difference: 22.37g Total dietary fiber: 4.03g Protein: 3.47g
If you’re looking for more healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.