Food stylists and photographers amaze me. Inspiring people to dip their forks into a dish and take that first bite is truly an art.
And while I don’t profess to be a food stylist or a photographer, I have to say I’m pretty darn proud of these pictures. I finally got something right, but don’t ask me how I did it – I couldn’t tell you.
And while I focused on taking the best pictures I could, cooking with these golden beets and making this easy Asian beet slaw was the best part of the night. I wish I could find these lovely gems in the market more often. It’s a pleasure not to have everything I own stained in red.
But don’t get lost in my amazing photography and forget to make the salad. This sweet and spicy colorful slaw is easy to make and works with almost anything you decide to put on the grill this summer.
Happy and healthy cooking!
|Asian Golden Beet Slaw Salad|
- ½ head cabbage, shredded
- 3 cups beets, julienned into thin slices
- ⅓ cup almonds, toasted and slivered
- 2 tablespoons shallot, minced
- ½ teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl – shallot, chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, rice vinegar, canola oil, and honey.
- Toss with vegetables and almonds. Chill for 30 minutes to allow vegetables to marinate in the dressing.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 4
Total Fat: 7.65g
Total Carbs: 14.92g
Dietary Fiber: 4.30g
If you’re looking for more healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.
Last updated byat .