Golden beets turn this Asian slaw into an even healthier side dish.
Food stylists and photographers amaze me. Inspiring people to dip their forks into a dish and take that first bite is truly an art, something I was hoping to do with Mr. Mike when I made this Asian coleslaw with golden beets.
And while I don’t profess to be a food stylist or a photographer, I have to say I’m pretty darn proud of these pictures. I finally got something right, but don’t ask me how I did it – I couldn’t tell you.
And while I focused on taking the best pictures I could, cooking with these golden beets and making this easy Asian beet coleslaw was the best part of the night. I wish I could find these lovely gems in the market more often. It’s a pleasure not to have everything I own stained in red.
But don’t get lost in my amazing photography and forget to make the salad. This sweet and spicy colorful coleslaw is easy to make and works with almost anything you decide to put on the grill this summer.
Happy and healthy cooking!
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
- 3 cups beets, julienned into thin slices
- 1/3 cup almonds, toasted and slivered
- 2 tablespoons shallot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl - shallot, chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, rice vinegar, canola oil, and honey.
- Toss with vegetables and almonds. Chill for 30 minutes to allow vegetables to marinate in the dressing.
Calories: 140 Weight Watchers PointsPlus 4 Total Fat: 7.65g Cholesterol: -- Sodium: 333mg Total Carbs: 14.92g Dietary Fiber: 4.30g Sugars: 9.41g Protein: 4.25g
If you’re looking for more healthy and low-calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.