Many people today opt for soaking bathtubs over the whirlpool bathtubs, and this is because of how simple and versatile they are. All you need is a good brand and enough water to have a comfortable and memorable soak or bath.
The good thing with soaking bathtubs is that you can still use them for bathing, unlike the rest which can’t allow you to soak up effectively. We have looked around for some of the best soaking bathtubs we have on the market today and have come up with these reviews for the 13 best soaking bathtubs you’ll find in 2020.
The Best Soaking Bathtubs
1. Woodbridge Acrylic Freestanding 59″ Soaking Tub
Woodbridge is well known for its ranges of quality bathroom products way from 2005. The comfort this bathtub provides is perfect for relaxation. It’s designed with a double wall to achieve maximum insulation and also to help keep you warm. It also keeps the water in the right temperatures, so with this bathtub, your water will not go cold while you’re soaking.
It features an ergonomic design that conforms to the shape of the body. This will have you getting the best comfort and relaxation even for extended hours. Its construction reveals a high quality acrylic, with a fiberglass reinforcement. This makes it one of the strong and durable bathtubs that are available in the markets today.
It’s easy to install, having a flexible and quality tube drain which is compatible with any pre-existing plumbing. This bathtub is designed with adjustable legs. This enables you to level it in a way that feels comfortable for you, and this often helps when it’s a bathtub shared amongst a number of people, with different needs.
It’s also one of the tubs that require minimal maintenance. To save you from such troubles, Woodbridge has invested in a high-gloss, hygienic and long-lasting finish, making it resistant to scratch and stains from any form of chemicals. It also helps keep it clean and easy-to-clean all at the same time.
- It has quality construction
- It features an elegant design
- It has pre-installed overflow and drain
- It’s easy to clean
- The bathtub is scratch and stain resistant
- It provides perfect heat retention
- It has adjustable legs for ease of levelling
- It’s relatively smaller than the standard size
2. WOODBRIDGE Acrylic Freestanding 67″ Soaking Tub
This particular bathtub is actually a slightly bigger version of the first item. It’s free-standing, so you can basically use it from any corner of the bathroom.
The difference you’ll find between the two is that the latter provides more room, both in length and depth. This makes it a perfect choice for tall users who might get uncomfortable with the smaller version, when soaking for extended hours.
It comes with quality pipe and bathtub drain. Apart from durability, the pipe and drain are designed with features which can only be found with Woodbridge bathtubs. These are: anti-odour, anti-leakage and bug cover designs.
- It fits in a number of spaces
- It features a luxurious, comfortable and chic style
- It has sloping lines that conform to the curves of the body
- It comes with an anti-odour pipe system
- It comes with an assembled drain and overflow
- It doesn’t come with a faucet
3. Empava Luxury Freestanding 67″ Bathtub Soaking
This is a luxurious bathtub carefully constructed by Empava, a brand known for durability and innovation. The company has incorporated the best features in this soaking tub for effectiveness in performance. It has an ergonomic design which allows full-body immersion for comfortable soaking, sessions which you’ll be looking forward to every single day.
It features a modern glossy acrylic design. This helps it blend perfectly with any bathroom décor. Its curves always has heads turning and it’s always the first thing that will strike your eyes in a bathroom. This design also makes it sizeable enough to fit in a small bathroom, without compromising on the soaking area.
- It has a versatile design that fits any décor
- It features an ergonomic design making it comfortable
- It comes in a stylish modern design
- It includes adjustable feet to level the tub
- The package includes an overflow and push drain
- It doesn’t come with a tub filler
4. American 2460.002.011 Standard Soaking Cambridge Bathtub
When listing the best bathroom accessories, you can never miss an American Standard product. They have a good reputation in this industry because of how durable their brands are.
This Cambridge soaking tub is made with a full slip-resistant surface. This not only keeps you safe from any accidents, but also helps keep the bathtub clean, with minimal cleaning sessions required.
In addition to the anti-slip surface, it also features a traditional design with a bevelled headrest and lumbar support. This shows how much the company has invested in guaranteeing you comfort as a trusted user. So with these features, there will be no more falling, back pains or even discomfort around the neck when having the time of your life in the bathtub.
Its drain is located on the right hand side, therefore ensure that it matches your pre-existing plumbing system. This makes the installation simpler, with minimal adjustments needed.
Unlike the usual cast iron, here you’ll find Americast which is a better option. The material brings in more durability and also easy to install because of how light it is. It’s a great deal because it’s priced like a standard bathtub, but offers more space in length and depth.
- It’s easy to install
- It has a slip-resistant surface
- It’s easy to clean and stays clean longer
- It offers a solid and durable construction
- It’s smaller compared to the rest
5. FerdY Freestanding White Modern 67” Stand Alone Bathtub
Ferdy products often reveal the commitment they have on excellence, and that’s why this bathtub is certified by Canadian standards. The tab is made with a durable material. It features environment friendly non-cracking, non-toxic, high gloss and durable finish which is definitely easy to clean.
This also makes the bathtub resistant to a wide range of chemicals that may cause staining. Basically, this’s a tub that you’ll use for quite some time and it will still retain its original look. Still on the design, it’s deep and wide enough to hold up to 86 gallons of water and is constructed with a double wall design boosting how efficiently it keeps your water in the right temperatures.
It’s easy to install. With the item comes a well-illustrated guide with clearly marked instructions, making the process simpler. You can equally do the installations by yourself, without having to seek for a professional help, thereby saving you some dime.
It features an adjustable feet that you can use to stabilize it on any type of terrain. Levelling up the bathtub will also leave you more comfortable, because you can adjust it to a position that feels right for you.
- It has flexible levelling feet
- It’s easy to install
- It features double-wall construction for maximum insulation
- It guarantees durability
- It features a stylish curved design
- Comes with a step-by-step instructions for installation
- It’s smaller than the rest
6. American 2461.002.011 Cambridge Standard Soaking Bathtub
This is yet another soaking bathtub from America Standard and it comes in the standard 60 inches × 32 inches for alcove bathtubs. It’s a classic integral-apron bathtub featuring a bevelled headrest, an anti-slip resistant surface and a lumbar support. All of the three features are geared towards ensuring that the consumer stays comfortable all through.
As the norm with American Standard Bathtubs, it’s exclusively made with an Americast-Engineered steel. This gives it a thicker body offering superior performance, resulting from the three-layered construction.
This steel also makes the bathtub lightweight, durable and easy-to-install. It’s an alcove bathtub so you have to ensure that you have walls or concrete that you’ll need when installing the tub
- It minimizes on space
- It’s slip resistant
- It has a backrest and lumbar support for maximum comfort
- It features an anti-slip bathtub surface
- It’s easy to install
- It’s not free-standing
7. KINGSTON BRASS 60-Inch VTDE603122R Alcove Contemporary Acrylic Bathtub
This selection from Aqua Eden is a good option if you’re looking for a drop-in bathtub. The collection has tubs with drains on either the right or left hand side, so there’s something for everyone.
It looks like everyone is moving away from the traditional cast iron and Kingston is not left behind. The tub is made with solid acrylic then reinforced with fiberglass for a durable, lightweight and glossy bathtub.
It comes with an apron which is already attached to the body of the bathtub. This makes the installation process simpler. All you need is three walls for installation and you’ll be good to go.
It features a modern design that helps you unwind after those long exhausting days. It has a wide soaking area that can contain about 55.5 gallons and it’s also long enough for stretching the legs
- It features an apron that makes it easier to install
- It has a stronger construction
- It’s effective in retaining warmth for longer duration
- It’s lightweight but durable
- It requires an alcove for installation
8. erdY Freestanding Acrylic Soaking Bathtub
This is a freestanding bathtub ergonomically engineered to enable you have a full body immersion. In the end, it’s not just soaking you get, but a calm and relaxed bathroom session.
I would say this Ferdy bathtub has been the real deal for me because of the length. You get to enjoy 68 inches in length, so that means there will be no more coiling up, because with some bathtubs, you can’t really immerse your whole body into the tab.
With Ferdy, they mean business when they present to you a white acrylic bathtub. Unlike other brands which starts discolouring after a given period of time, this particular one stays white for up to 10 years because of the excellent materials that are used for its construction. This, material is also to clean, and reveals a glossy finish which complements any décor.
- Easy to install
- It stays white longer than the rest
- It’s stylish and sleek
- The package includes a drain and overflow assembly
- It features an adjustable feet to level the bathtub
- It doesn’t provide alternative mounting options
9. American Evolution Standard 2422V002.020 Bathtub
If you have never tried an American Standard product, you should consider investing in this evolution bathtub that comes in the standard size of 60 inches × 32 inches
This is one of the few versatile bathtubs that can be installed as drop-ins or by undermount. This leaves you with the liberty to choose that option which is convenient for your needs.
In the bathtub are two moulded-in armrests. When soaking, you need a place where your arms can rest comfortably, without being compelled to hang them on the edge of the bathtub. This isn’t only comfortable, but also lets you do other things; like operating your cell phone; with a lot of ease.
- It features two moulded-in armrests for extra support
- It’s versatile when it comes to installation
- It has an adjustable drain-outlet
- It features a pre-levelled bathtub bottom for ease of installation
- It’s not freestanding
10. Maykke Oval Freestanding Barnet 61 Soaking Tub
Coming from a company dedicated to providing the best standards and value, this bathtub is built with durable and pure acrylic. This plays a key role in bringing you value for money and also maintains the water temperatures in the tub. In addition to that, the premium cosntruction also brings out a bathtub with smooth, sleek and clean finish that lets you achieve a calm and relaxing feeling when you’re soaking.
It has a modern elegant design that lets it fit in any space, whether classic or contemporary. With this, you’ll be able to soak in a different way giving you a spa experience from the comfort of your home.
In the package, you’ll find everything you need, so you won’t have to spend further on items required for installation. The bathtub comes with overflow assembly and brass drain, all of which speeds up the rate of water discharge, thereby achieving a self-cleaning upshot on the tub. This helps you save time, with minimal cleaning required.
- It has adjustable feet for levelling
- It has an overflow assembly for a self-cleaning effect
- Requires simple installation
- It features a flexible drainage kit
- It doesn’t include a tub filler in the package
11. Woodbridge Acrylic Freestanding 67″ Soaking Tub
This Woodbridge is 67’’ long, so that already is a bonus for me. On to the construction, it’s made with Lucite acrylic, then reinforced with Ashland resin together with fiberglass. This is what highlights how different it is from the Woodbridge contemporary bathtub that we previously reviewed.
These are quality materials which aren’t easy to come across. It also implies that you’ll have to pay a couple of extra dollars to have this gem. The design reveals a combination of comfort, luxury and style. It may seem bigger than the rest, but can still fit even on the minimal spaces. On the interior lies gently-sloping lines which are made to match the body curves, giving its users the ultimate comfort.
- It’s equally perfect for small bathrooms
- It features sloping lines that match the body curves to enhance comfort
- The surface is stain and scratch-resistant
- It’s easy to clean and maintain
- It’s durable and retains the high gloss for long
- It’s costly
12. WoodbridgeAcrylic Freestanding 54″ Bathtub Soaking Tub
This item is similar to the Woodbridge 67″, with the only difference being in length. With the bathtub, you’ll also find a freestanding bathtub faucet. It’s also made of high end acrylic, making it durable and with a gloss that never fades or discolours easily.
It’s designed in a way that provides its users with a maximized bathing area and a fairly deep tub for soaking. It’s also easy-to-install, all thanks to the pre-levelled bottom. This soaking bathtub is quite ideal for two people as it has such a huge space.
To keep you safe form unnecessary accidents, the manufacturer has incorporated anti-slip textures on the bathtub surface. On the wall is a double layer reinforced design that helps maintain your water in the correct temperatures by acting as an insulator.
Everything that comes with this bathtub is top quality, including the drain and pipe. The drain has an anti-leakage design, and added on to it is a strong and durable pipe system that keeps any odours away and also easy to install.
- It features an anti-slip surface
- It’s made with stain and scratch-resistant construction
- It provides enough space for deep-soaking
- It comes with a freestanding faucet
- The length doesn’t fit tall people
13. Mirabelle Sitka 60″ by 30″ MIRSKS6030LWH Acyclic Bathtub
This is for the lovers of traditional-themed soaking bathtubs. Just like their freestanding counterparts, alcove bathtubs can equally be used for soaking and there’s no better way to prove that than trying this elegant Mirabelle acrylic soaking bathtub
The tub design incorporates a tile flange and a tub skirt. This prevents water from spilling over the moment you settle your body in the tub, because it can carry up to 62 gallons.
It has a left hand side drain placement with a round overflow. For installation, you’ll need a three wall alcove, so you can’t just install it anywhere the way we do to freestanding soaking bathtubs
- It features a slip-resistant surface
- It has an incorporated tile flange to prevent water overflow
- It’s made with durable acrylic
- It’s easy to install and saves on space
- The package doesn’t include a drain assembly
What to consider when buying soaking bathtubs
One of the distinct features used to identify soaking bathtubs is how bigger their size is. However, when it comes to sizes, how large or wide a bathtub is relative. This is because it depends on your body size at large, and so as you look for recommendations, also consider your body size.
For your whole body to be immersed in water as required, you need a bathtub which is long, deep and wide enough. Having a bigger bathtub can however be of a disadvantage to those with limited space in the bathroom.
In terms of installation, we have alcove, drop-ins, walk-ins and free-standing soaking bathtubs. Alcove bathtubs are always the best option when you have limited space available in your bathroom.
On the other hand, free-standing bathtubs are also efficient because they can be installed from any corner of the bathroom, because they don’t require any pre-existing walls for mounting. All they need is adjustable legs to help level them up in any terrain.
All-in-all, it still revolves around the size of the bathtub, so if you have a small bathroom, pick a relatively smaller soaking bathtub.
Material of Construction
Most manufacturers today use acrylic to make their bathtubs and not the traditional cast iron. This is what gives these tubs the modern glossy finish that blends easily with everything else in the bathroom.
With soaking bathtubs, you need a material that’s easy to clean and stays clean longer, a material that’s resistant to stains and scratches and that which is durable. Now this is where the acrylic bathtubs comes in. They leave you with a bathtub that will journey with you for longest period of time and still look as new as it originally were.
We often take longer in the bathroom when soaking compared to when taking regular baths. The longer you’ll spend in the bathtub requires that you have a comfortable bathtub in place to avoid any discomfort.
The main parts of the body that are prone to such include the back and the neck. Therefore, go for designs that conform to the alignment of the body and if possible have armrests and a backrest.
So, what are the best soaking tubs on the market today as we speak? We hope that this article has helped you answer that question. Now that you know what to look for in a soaking bathtub and are also equipped with some of the best soaking bathtubs that are available, I hope that you land yourself a bathtub which will be an investment of a lifetime.
- The Best Baby Bath Tub UK
- The 7 Best Inflatable Hot Tub UK
- Cleaning an Indoor Shower and Bath Tile Using a Pressure Washer
- How to Reset Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump
- The Best Whirlpool Tubs Consumer Report
- The Best Shower Pan
- The Best Alcove Bathtubs
- The Best Towel Bars For Bathrooms
- The Best Steam Shower Generator
- The Best Acrylic Bathtub