Start your weekend morning off right with these savory baked eggs with spinach, mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes.
I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for the weekend, and nothing says weekend like breakfast. I want a steaming cup of coffee, the newspaper, and a plate of eggs. I don’t care how you cook them, eggs just seem to start the weekend off right. They give me the energy for Saturday cleaning.
This baked egg recipe tops a whole wheat toasted English muffin with meaty mushrooms, healthy spinach (got to get those greens in), and sweet sun-dried tomatoes. Crack an egg on top, and simply bake in the oven while you sip your coffee.
Now this is the way to start the day! Enjoy your weekend!
- 2 ea Light Whole Wheat English Muffins, split and toasted
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons sun dried tomato, dried - not packed in oil
- 1 tablespoon thyme, leaves
- 2 cups spinach, rough chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1. Preheat oven to 350.
- 2. Place one half an English Muffin in 4 ramekins and top with 1/2 tsp butter.
- 3. In a large non-stick skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat and add onion. Saute 5 minutes until very soft. Add mushrooms, tomato, and thyme. Cook another 5 minutes until mushrooms are tender. Add spinach and cook another 2 - 3 minutes to wilt.
- 4. Top each muffin with 1/4 of the spinach mixture. Taking a spoon, press a well in the center for the egg. Crack and egg into the well and top it with cheese and a grind of pepper.
- 5. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until the egg is set, but the yolk will still be slightly runny.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 227, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 6
Total Fat: 11.49g
Total Carbs: 18.54g
Dietary Fiber: 3.68g
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.