Wonton cups make a fun presentation for these easy ham and broccoli mini quiche appetizers.
These mini quiches are simple to prepare, inexpensive, and amazingly versatile. Add whatever meat and vegetables you have on hand to whipped eggs, then pop them in the oven. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
I find that quiche is a popular appetizer at any gathering and is usually gone in a flash. My problem with the typical quiche recipe is the pie crust. I have no desire to make it, and buying it at the grocery store doesn’t appeal to me either. Besides, as far as I’m concerned, pie crust isn’t worth the extra calories.
Still, I needed a container, and wonton wrappers were the perfect size to pop in a muffin tin and fill with my egg mixture.
When they were removed from the oven, the wontons had crispy browned edges, and a creamy, savory center. Between Mike and I, we finished the entire plate!
As I said, I could turn these mini delights into a meal – all I need is a salad on the side. Happy cooking!
Serves 18 appetizers
- 18 ea wontons
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, steamed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely grated
- ½ cup ham, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- ¼ low fat sour cream
- 6 tablespoons low fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line non-stick muffin cups with wonton wrappers, making sure to lightly press so the wontons remain upright and don't fold in on themselves.
- Bake for 5 minutes to lightly cook. Remove from oven.
- Combine parsley, broccoli, onion, ham in a bowl.
- Whip eggs and sour cream, then mix in with broccoli ingredients.
- Fold in cheddar cheese and spoon into wonton wrappers.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes in the oven until egg is set and no longer runny in the middle.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 40, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 1
Total Fat: 0.75g
Total Carbs: 4.97g
Dietary Fiber: 0.24g