Toss healthy brussels sprouts with this sweet lemon vinaigrette to make a healthy side dish for chicken, pork, seafood, or beef.
Then I did my research on stevia. Amongst the many websites I perused, WebMD had a good description of the benefits and side effects of this natural sweetener.
At that time I preferred to stick with honey or organic sugar. My goal was to keep my sugar consumption as natural as possible. And while stevia is a natural sweetener, the products sent to me were still processed into convenient drops and powders.
These days my goal is to reduce my consumption of sugar in general, so stevia has found a permanent home in my pantry. NuNaturals fits perfectly with that goal because they provide a variety of useful products, including the Lemon NuStevia you see here.
When I think of sweeteners I think of treats and baked goods, but the truth is I use honey or sugar in vinaigrettes and savory sauces all the time, so why not use NuNatural’s Lemon Stevia in a vinaigrette for these tender, steamed brussels sprouts.
Fresh thyme, fragrant lemon and a hint of spicy Dijon mustard make a terrific vinaigrette, along with a little lemony NuNatural’s sweetness in this easy brussels sprouts recipe.
Thank you NuNaturals. I appreciate your generosity and love your products!
Happy, healthy cooking!
- 20 ounces brussel Sprouts, steames and halved
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ dropper NutNaturals Lemon Stevia
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon thyme, minced
- ¼ cup walnut pieces, toasted
- Steam brussels sprouts in a vegetable steamer until tender. Allow to cool enough to touch and cut in halves. Place in a bowl.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, NuNaturals Lemon Stevia, Dijon mustard and white wine vinegar in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Toss with dressing, thyme and walnuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 224 Weight Watchers PointsPlus 6 Total Fat: 18.43g Cholesterol: -- Sodium: 37mg Total Carbs: 12.66g Dietary Fiber: 4.53g Sugars: 3.06g Protein: 4.91g
If you’re looking for more healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.