Fresh basil and summer tomatoes are all it takes to turn plain old baked eggs into a memorable meal.
I’m always surprised when a simple dish with a handful of ingredients gets rave reviews. I could spend hours in the kitchen making an inspired meal, yet a four ingredient baked egg recipe can inspire the same appreciation from family and friends.
Caprese salad is a favorite in this house, so why not add those big flavors to eggs?
We baked our cage free eggs with colorful Roma tomatoes, gooey mozzarella and slivers of fresh basil. Simple ingredients with big impact.
I seems keeping it simple is the way to go. Not only was the food pleasing, but I was out of the kitchen in no time flat. Can’t beat that!
Serves 2 single serving dishes
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 large Roma tomato, thinly sliced with seeds removed
- 2 ounces low fat mozzarella cheese, sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray two small single serving sized baking dishes with olive oil cooking spray.
- Whip eggs together.
- Layer tomatoes evenly into each baking dish, then top with mozzarella cheese and then basil leaves. Pour eggs evenly over the top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until egg is set. Don't bake too long, or the eggs will be rubbery.
Calories: 268 Weight Watchers PointsPlus 6 Total Fat: 13.34g Cholesterol: 387mg Sodium: 437mg Total Carbs: 3.49g Dietary Fiber: 0.37g Sugars: 1.82g Protein: 27.39g
If you’re looking for healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.