Sorry, I’m still not a fan of lamb. I know – I’m crazy according to most people. My husband is one of those people, so I make lamb for him out of love and respect, but not because I plan on eating it. 🙂
I found this recipe from Grill! by Pippa Cuthbert & Lindsay Cameron Wilson. Even if lamb isn’t your meat of choice, this recipe makes it worth the effort for lamb lovers.
I didn’t marinate these chops for 24 hours. I had one hour after work, and it was still fabulous, according to Mike. Still, I bet it would be off the charts if you marinaded the lamb for 24 hours!
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 6 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp mirin, Chinese rice wine or sherry
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 16 single-rib lamb chops
- Combine the cilantro, brown sugar, soy sauce, mirin and garlic in a shallow baking dish. Add the chops, turning well to coat in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the grill or grill pan to very hot. Brush with oil. Grill the chops to taste (4-6 minutes on each side for medium) until the edges are browned and caramelized. Transfer the chops to a platter and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving with grilled potatoes and a green salad or steamed green beans.
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.