If you want your family to eat cauliflower, combine it with potatoes. I promise you, they won’t even realize they’re eating this good-for-them veggie.
I’m a big fan of cauliflower. It’s relatively inexpensive, available year around, and works well with almost any fresh herbs I have available in the frig.
On this particular day, my herb collection consisted of sage, thyme and rosemary. Into the pot they went, along with potatoes and cauliflower.
I skip the blender when it comes to making creamy soups. It’s too much work, and after a soup explosion a few years ago, I’ve decided to stick with my immersion blender.
Besides, it’s much easier to clean!
Once you get your family on board with the idea of eating cauliflower soup with potatoes in the mix, you can graduate them to this cheddar cheesy version.
You won’t find potatoes in the recipe, but the cheese gets them every time!
Enjoy and have a very, Merry Christmas!
Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Sage, Thyme and Rosemary
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 cup shallots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small cauliflower , cored and cut into florets
- small Yukon Gold Potatoes, cut into large pieces
- 32 ounces low sodium vegetable broth
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat and add olive oil and shallots. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes to soften.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cover.
- Simmer for 25 - 30 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- This soup should be thick and creamy, so if you have more than 2" of broth above your vegetables, remove the cover, increase heat to medium high, and reduce the broth to 1" above the vegetables.
- Puree in a blender in batches, or with an immersion blender.
Food energy: 254kcal
Saturated fatty acids: 0.65g
Monounsaturated fatty acids: 2.51g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 0.49g
Total fat: 3.65g
Calories from fat: 32
Carbohydrate, by difference: 50.83g
Total dietary fiber: 5.68g
Total lipid (fat): 4.06g
Total sugars: 5.88g
“If you decide to make a purchase through my link, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!”