With the Thanksgiving holiday behind us, it’s time to try something new like these roasted cauliflower planks I found at Tasting Spoons.
By itself, this recipe for roasted cauliflower isn’t all that impressive, but wait until you see what happens when these flower-like gems are topped with a colorful Mediterranean salad!
You’ll find more than a few Mediterranean salad recipes here at Mother Rimmy’s, but using roasted cauliflower as the base of this salad really gave this dish a unique twist. And I have to say the cauliflower benefits from spicy red onion, sweet chopped tomatoes, creamy avocado, and just a crumble of tart feta cheese.
That’s it for today – I’m off to work. Stay tuned on Thursday for a roundup of Healthy Mediterranean salad recipes. I’m on a roll. Have a terrific week everyone!
- 1 large cauliflower , cut into 1½" planks
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- ½ medium lemon , juiced
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 large tomato , seeded and diced
- 1 medium avocado, seeded and diced
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place planks on the cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 - 20 minutes until just tender.
- Mix remaining ingredients and top cauliflower planks with salad mixture.
WeightWatchers PointsPlus 5
Saturated fatty acids: 3.92g
Monounsaturated fatty acids: 5.49g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 0.99g
Total fat: 10.39g
Calories from fat: 93
Carbohydrate, by difference: 19.97g
Total dietary fiber: 7.77g
Total lipid (fat): 11.68g
Total sugars: 8.34g
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.