Yes . . . I made cauliflower pancakes for dinner.
I realize most people use zucchini in recipes like this, but you’ll be surprised at how delicious this veggie pancake is – especially when you top it with sour cream and fresh thyme.
A quick whirl in the food processor turns inexpensive cauliflower florets into snow white crumbles. Add egg whites, breadcrumbs and cheese to turn them into a tender pancake.
If you’re searching for a meat-free meal, give these pancakes a try. We ate double portions, but then at 60 calories a pancake, why not splurge!
Happy, healthy cooking!
Serves 12 pancakes
Shake It Up! If you don't have Laughing Cow Cheese, shredded mozzarella or cheddar works just fine. No panko bread crumbs? Use plain bread crumbs instead.
- 4 cups cauliflower florets, small pieces
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 large egg whites
- 8 tablespoons Laughing Cow Cheese
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- ½ small onion , chopped
- 12 teaspoons low fat sour cream
- Add cauliflower to a food processor and pulse a few times until they are small pieces.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until they are combined.
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, and spray with cooking spray.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out cauliflower mixture and form into a ball. The mixture will be very moist.
- Place it into the hot pan and flatten into a pancake.
- Cooke 4 - 5 minutes until browned on one side, then gently flip and cook another 4 - 5 minutes to brown the other side.
- Serve with sour cream.
Calories: 59kcal Weight Watchers PointsPlus 1 Saturated fatty acids: 1.37g Monounsaturated fatty acids: 0.63g Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 0.19g Total fat: 2.18g Calories from fat: 19 Cholesterol: 7mg Carbohydrate, by difference: 6.70g Total dietary fiber: 1.03g Protein: 2.89g
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.