Get dinner on the table quickly during the holidays with an easy crustless ham, mushroom and spinach quiche.
I love this time of year. All the holiday cheer puts me in the best mood! Last night I wanted to get some decorating time in, so I decided to make an easy, cheesy dinner that could cook itself while I decorated.
You can’t beat eggs if you’re trying to save some time, and a crustless quiche not only saves you time, it saves you a ton of calories. You won’t miss the crust with all the lovely ingredients in this quiche.
Happy, healthy cooking!
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushroom , minced
- 2 cups spinach, rough chopped
- 2 large egg
- 4 large egg whites
- ½ cup low fat milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ cup ham , cubed
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup low fat mozzarella cheese
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Saute shallot and mushrooms 5 minutes until tender.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix eggs, egg whites, milk and flour.
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray and layer mushroom and onion, ham, spinach, thyme and mozzarella.
- Pour egg over mushroom mixture and bake 40 - 50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and egg is set.
What’s good for me in this dish?
Eggs provide tryptophan, selenium, iodine, vitamins B2 and B12, and protein. Eating eggs promotes eye health. They can also contribute to the prevention of strokes and heart attacks. Free range, or cage free eggs are considered to be higher in quality nutrients such as all nine essential amino acids, and are less likely to contribute to high cholesterol levels.
Mushrooms are super high in selenium, vitamin B2, copper, Vitamin B3, tryptophan, potassium, phosphorus and zinc. Mushrooms contain powerful phytonutrients that contribute to overall health, as well as protecting against certain cancers such as breast cancer. Selenium contributes to the proper function of our antioxidant system. Zinc promotes immune function. There is a list a mile long of the benefits of mushrooms. They should be an addition to any healthy eating plan.
Total Fat: 4.26g
Total Carbs: 9.39g
Dietary Fiber: 1.10g
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 5