Chicken sausage adds savory flavor to healthy spaghetti squash.
It wasn’t until I shared this recipe for Easy Cheesy Spaghetti Squash that I finally mastered the art of cooking this stringy squash.
Previous attempts to produce a spaghetti-like texture were complete failures. Most often I would end up with a mushy mess.
Not in the least appealing.
As you can see, I have the hang of it now. My squash is tender, yet firm enough to pull apart into lovely strands.
Are you a spaghetti squash fan? If so, leave a comment and share with us how you cook your squash to stringy perfection!
Happy, healthy cooking!
- 8 ounces precooked chicken sausage link, sliced and quartered
- 3 cups spaghetti squash, cooked and pulled apart
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup kale, shredded and packed
- ½ cup low sugar spaghetti sauce
- 10 large black olives, chopped
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add chicken broth. Then add onions and cook for 3 - 5 minutes until softened. Add kale and garlic. Cook another few minutes to wilt kale. Add sausage, spaghetti sauce and spaghetti squash. Place in a casserole dish and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes to finish cooking. Toss in olives and serve.
Food energy: 418kcal Weight Watchers PointsPlus 10 Saturated fatty acids: 4.94g Monounsaturated fatty acids: 7.76g Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 6.16g Total fat: 18.86g Calories from fat: 169 Cholesterol: 181mg Carbohydrate, by difference: 30.76g Total dietary fiber: 5.37g Protein: 22.34g
If you’re looking for more healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.