I’m shocked when I hear temperatures in parts of the country are up over 100 degrees. If you’re living through those heat waves, I’m sure firing up the stove is the very last thing you’re inclined to do.
Fortunately – or unfortunately, depending on your perspective, here in Seattle we have no problem firing up the burners to make this healthy Mediterranean chicken wrap. While I wouldn’t want to trade places with you, and I’m so sorry for folks having to endure such uncomfortable temperatures, I wouldn’t mind splitting the difference. I would happily send some of my cold and rain your way to provide relief, and you can send some of your warmth and sun my way in return.
This chicken wrap recipe is packed with good for you zucchini and kale, with fruity balsamic vinegar, capers and tart feta cheese to finish it off with a Mediterranean flair.
Healthy cooking tip . . .
If you have a few dollars to spare, invest in a good, large non-stick skillet. My skillet is manufactured by Calphalon and was $80 on sale. I realize there are much more expensive non-stick skillets on the market, but it was more than I typically spend on cookware and was worth every penny. I can use a minimum of oil when cooking foods, and I rarely have a problem with food sticking and burning.
- 6 medium whole wheat tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cups zucchini, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small lemon juice
- 1 small lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons green olives, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 6 tablespoons low fat feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons oregano, fresh chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, fresh chopped
- 1. In a large non-stick skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion, kale and zucchini. Cook for 5 minutes until crisp-tender. Add garlic, lemon and zest, vinegar, capers and olives. Cook another 3 minutes, then remove to a bowl.
- 2. Add another tablespoon oil to the skillet and add chicken, oregano and thyme. Cook for 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Add back the vegetables and heat through.
- 3. Toss with tomatoes and feta. Serve with tortillas.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 381, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 9
Total Fat: 11.36g
Total Carbs: 36.13g
Dietary Fiber: 2.37
Don’t forget to sign up for weekly healthy cooking tips and recipes!
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.