I’m past ready to start the weekend by the time Friday rolls around.
Before I hit the driveway I’m dreaming about sitting in a comfortable chair on my deck, watching my husband grill as we sip a glass of wine.
I’m in heaven.
This pork tenderloin recipe was inspired by my latest Real Simple magazine.
After a soak in chipotle peppers, fresh lime and sweet orange juice, our pork was ready to hit the grill. On the side were a few ears of fresh corn.
The pork was worth making, but it was this fresh corn salad that made this meal a success.
The corn had pretty little grill marks, and combined with black beans, orange sections and a sweet cilantro vinaigrette, this salad recipe was refreshing.
Happy Friday to you! If you get a chance, give my start to the weekend a try. You won’t be disappointed.
- 1 chili canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, plus 1 tablespoon sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 large lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces pork tenderloin
- Combine ingredients in a zip lock bag and marinate up to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill and grill pork until thermometer reads 145 degrees - about 15 - 20 minutes.
Calories: 188 Weight Watchers PointsPlus 5 Total Fat: 4.39g Cholesterol: 53mg Sodium: 967mg Total Carbs: 19.98g Dietary Fiber: 0.98g Sugars: 7.46g Protein: 20.72g
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large orange, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 large green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large corn on the cob
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, finely minced
- Roast corn on the grill until crisp tender and has light brown marks. Remove the corn from the cob and combine with remaining ingredients. Chill for 15 minutes.
Calories: 202 Weight Watchers PointsPlus 5 Total Fat: 4.16g Cholesterol: -- Sodium: 22mg Total Carbs: 38.32g Dietary Fiber: 7.61g Sugars: 5.74g Protein: 7.48g
If you’re looking for healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.