This super slender shrimp salad packs some heat thanks to a splash of chipotle!
Last night we splurged and went to our favorite Mexican restaurant, and was it worth the calorie and pocketbook splurge!
Tonight, we decided to keep it low calorie, after all, that delicious, cheesy Mexican food with this spicy chipotle shrimp salad recipe I found in my Cooking Light magazine.
Looking in the frig, I had bagged salad that had to be eaten, so instead of rice, we turned Cooking Light’s recipe into a shrimp salad recipe.
I topped the bagged salad with grape tomato, sliced green onion, and chopped avocado. Combining light Ranch salad dressing with fresh lime juice and salsa, we really loved this light, healthy meal.
- 1 ea - 3 1/2 oz boil in bag long grain rice
- 2 1/2 tbs butter divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 chipotle chile powder
- 36 large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tbs dry vermouth
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 2 tbs chopped cilantro
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Melt 1 1/2 tbs butter in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add salt, chile powder, and shrimp to pan, saute 2 minutes.
- Stir in vermouth, lime juice and sugar. Cook until shrimp are done. Do not over-cook or they will become rubbery. Take off heat before you think they are done. Shrimp will continue to cook after you remove them from the heat.
- Add remaining butter and cilantro. Serve over rice.
9.3 g fat
25.4 g protein
24.3 g carbohydrates
.5 g fiber
317 mg sodium
Weight Watchers Points 7