I’m a big snacker.
If there’s a package of anything crunchy in the pantry, by the time I’ve snitched a handful here and there, it’s gone in a flash. Nothing ever lasts more than a few days.
Late afternoon is the worst time of day for me. There’s too much time between lunch and dinner, and I start to fade without a pick-me-up.
That’s where this roasted chickpea recipe comes to my rescue from Red Lab No. 27. This cook turns a simple can of chickpeas into a sweet and spicy treat that will keep you satisfied until dinner.
They’re best warm and straight from the oven, but don’t hesitate to pop them into a sealed container for munching on later.
Now I have a healthy and protein packed snack to keep me happy until the next time a craving strikes. Thanks for the recipe Red Lab No. 27!
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed, drained and dried
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons grape seed oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss chickpeas with oil, cinnamon and 1/2 tablespoon honey.
- Roast for 20 minutes, stir, then roast another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle remaining honey over the top. Allow to sit for 30 - 40 minutes to dry out.
Calories: 216 Weight Watchers PointsPlus 5 Total Fat: 5.37g Cholesterol: -- Sodium: 358mg Total Carbs: 36.83g Dietary Fiber: 5.99g Sugars: 8.65g Protein: 6.02g