During a recent interview with Heather Robertson from Half Size Me, I was asked how I’ve maintained my 40 pound weight loss over the years.
Authoring this blog is a big part of the accountability piece – and my long time friend, the bathroom scale. When the dial on the scale reaches that magic number in the wrong direction, I’m stopped in my tracks.
When I stepped on the scale this morning and watched as the dial registered that dreadful number – I knew it was time to make some changes.
Looking back at recent months, I can see where those extra pounds have found their way in, so I’m going to shut them down starting with this tasty stir fry recipe.
Tender chunks of cod studded with colorful peppers and broccoli make this a satisfying low calorie meal.
But for me, it’s all about the sauce.
An exceptional stir fry has to have a memorable sauce. My bottle of garlic chili sauce is the key to happy memories. All I have to do is add a mere teaspoon to a little fresh squeezed orange juice and I have the stir fry of my dreams – sweet with heat.
If you get a chance, introduce yourself to Heather’s website. Heather is a busy mother of three boys who was determined to lose a total of 170 pounds – 108 with the help of Weight Watchers. She has a wealth of weight loss inspiration and information well worth taking the time to read.
I’m off to plan tomorrow night’s skinny meal. Happy, healthy cooking!
- 1 large orange , zested
- 1 cup orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ - 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli, florets
- 1 pound cod, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Heat a wok with 1 tablespoon coconut oil over medium high heat. Add vegetables and cook for 5 - 8 minutes until crisp-tender, stirring often. Remove to a plate and cover.
- Combine orange zest, orange juice, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, chili garlic sauce and cornstarch in small bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and add cod. Cod will cook quickly and break apart easily so be careful when turning.
- Add sauce and vegetables and cook stirring gently until sauce thickens - about 3 - 4 minutes.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 8
Total Fat: 7.29g
Total Carbs: 35.58g
Dietary Fiber: 5.11g
If you’re looking for healthy and low calorie Weight Watchers recipes, check out my Recipe page. You’ll find hundreds of recipes that include nutrition information and Weight Watchers points.
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.