This slimming meal of chunky fillets of cod is packed with flavor thanks to fennel, leeks and colorful stalks of broccolini.
More often than not, we’ll chunk it up and turn them into spicy seafood burritos.
And a stir fry with cod and veggies makes a fine meal when served with a nutty and dramatic black rice.
But it’s Mediterranean flavors that I crave when serving this flaking fish.
Briny capers, a fresh squeeze of lemon, and crumble of feta cheese definitely add Mediterranean flair. With a saute of fennel, leeks and broccolini on the side, this is definitely a healthy, slender meal.
If you’re looking for more slender meals, I’ve started a Super Slender Meals Pinterest board with recipes shared by fellow healthy minded cooks. If you’re a Pinterest fan, be sure to follow along.
Have a good week everyone!
Savory cod with fennel, leeks, broccolini, capers and feta cheese.
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large fennel, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 large leek , cleaned, and thinly sliced
- 10 stalks broccolini, trimmed
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup capers
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 small lemon, juiced
- 10 ounces cod
- 4 tablespoons low fat feta cheese
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil and allow oil to heat up.
- Add fennel and leeks. Cook for 5 minutes to soften.
- Add broccolini, garlic, capers, vegetable broth and lemon juice.
- Cook vegetables uncovered for 6 - 8 minutes until broccolini is crisp tender, and broth is reduced.
- Season cod with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, then push vegetables to the outside of the skillet and add cod. Cook cod for 5 - 6 minutes until cod is no longer opaque in the thickest part.
- Serve vegetables and cod with a sprinkle of feta cheese.
Food energy: 343kcal
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 8
Saturated fatty acids: 3.98g
Monounsaturated fatty acids: 5.93g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 1.25g
Total fat: 11.16g
Calories from fat: 100
Carbohydrate, by difference: 31.40g
Total dietary fiber: 9.27g
Total lipid (fat): 12.45g
Total sugars: 7.42g