I didn’t hear you say “Mediterranean,” so I guess I’m not going. I’m truly disappointed, but I can always dream . . .
Sunny skies, warm sand and a beautiful, expansive ocean. Forgive me – still dreaming.
It’s true that I won’t be going to the sunny Mediterranean any time soon, but I can create a meal that takes my taste buds there, can’t I?
When I think Mediterranean flavors, olives and bright lemons come to mind first, then fresh herbs and tart feta cheese come a close second.
This simple salad recipe combines my favorite Mediterranean flavors with tiny shrimp and baby spinach to make a salad that takes me to the seaside – at least in spirit.
If you make this flavorful salad, you’ll be dreaming of sunny skies and blue sea too. Happy cooking!
- 2 cups salad shrimp, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup chives, chopped
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- 1/8 cup chopped green olives
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- ½ small lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 4 tablespoons low fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1. Combine ingredients EXCEPT spinach and feta. Allow to chill for 30 minutes.
- 2. Serve on top of spinach, sprinkled with feta cheese.
Nutrition Per Serving of 4
Calories: 280, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 6
Total Fat: 10.88g
Total Carbs: 11.51g
Dietary Fiber: 5.31g
The statements made here are strictly my opinion and are not meant to replace medical advice from your physician. Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.