These fun cornbread pancakes are loaded with shredded zucchini and gooey mozzarella cheese.
Technically, I’m not sure I should use the words cornbread and pancake in the same recipe title. This is truly a pancake recipe – not cornbread, but since I used cornbread mix as the base for this savory pancake, I’m going stick with my title anyway.
I loved how that sweet corn jazzes these easy pancakes up, I’ll even take it one step further and add zucchini, fragrant sage, and gooey mozzarella cheese.
These easy cornbread pancakes with a dollop of sour cream turned out to be a very satisfying meal with a light salad on the side.
Healthy cooking tip . . .
I keep low fat cow’s milk, non-GMO (genetically modified) unsweetened almond milk and coconut milk in the refrigerator. Depending on what I’m cooking, I’ll use whichever milk suits the recipe. However, most often I opt for the Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk. I find it cooks and bakes the same as cow’s milk, and with just 35 calories a cup, it adds fewer calories to the dish. No worries, there’s no almond flavor, at least that we can detect.
- 1 ½ cups corn bread mix, I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free
- 2 large egg white
- 1 ¼ cups almond milk, coconut milk, or low fat milk
- ¼ cup chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sage, finely chopped
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- ½ cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray liberally with cooking spray.
- 2. Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix until just combined.
- 3. We made six large pancakes, but you can make them any size you'd like by increasing or reducing the amount of batter you pour into the pan. Ladle about 2/3 of a cup into the pan (this is an estimate), and allow to cook until the bottom is nicely browned and then flip and brown the other side to cook through.
- 4. Serve with butter, or sour cream.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 320, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 8
Total Fat: 9.09g
Total Carbs: 47.17g
Dietary Fiber: 4.75g
The statements made here are strictly my opinion and are not meant to replace medical advice from your physician. Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.