I had a gigantic acorn squash in my garden the other day. It was as big as a house! Just kidding. Still, I couldn’t wait to use it. I love acorn squash! It’s so sweet and creamy.
This stuffed squash recipe was adapted from a recipe on cooks.com. It’s a great site to go to for user submitted recipes. I added the turkey sausage to give the recipe more depth of flavor without adding a lot of fat and calories.
- 1 large acorn squash, seeded and quartered
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 pound turkey sausage
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium apple , chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 450.
- Spray baking dish large enough for squash and stuffing with cooking spray. Add squash to dish and cover with foil.
- Bake squash in oven.
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat with oil and saute onion, apple and celery until just tender. Approximately 20 minutes.
- Spoon stuffing over squash and return to oven for another 20 - 25 minutes until squash is tender.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 11.38g
Total Carbs: 24.73g
Dietary Fiber: 3.49g
Weight Watchers Points 6