Years ago, my daughter had a bad experience with sweet potatoes. Someone had made a mashed sweet potato casserole that didn’t sit well with her. You know the casserole I’m talking about. The kind that has the toasted marshmallows on top?
Anyway, she won’t touch them now. I bet I can convince her with this recipe. These hashbrowns come out nice and crispy. The mild flavor of onions, sweet bell pepper, and rosemary are a perfect match for sweet potatoes.
- 4 small sweet potatoes, cubed
- ¼ small red bell peppers, chopped
- ¼ small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, minced
- 1. Steam sweet potato until just barely tender.
- 2. Heat oil on nonstick skillet.
- 3. Saute onion and pepper until tender.
- 4. Add sweet potato and rosemary to skillet and cook until tender and nicely browned.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 3.55g
Total Carbs: 28.43g
Dietary Fiber: 4.89g
Weight Watcher’s Points 2