Broccoli is one of my most favorite foods. I love it raw, steamed, roasted and in stir fry recipes. It goes with almost any meat or seafood you can think of, doesn’t it?
I found this recipe on about.com. Fresh ginger, sesame oil, and sliced almonds make for a fantastic Asian stir fry!
- 1 bunch broccoli florets
- 1 T oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 Tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- Steam broccoli until crisp-tender.
- Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, sherry, and sugar in a bowl.
- Stir-fry the broccoli in hot oil for 1-2 minutes, until almost tender.
- Put ginger and garlic in the center of the pan (add a little more oil if need be), and saute 30-60 seconds.
- Put sauce in the pan, and toss all ingredients together. Top with almonds
2 g fat, 3 grams fiber, 3 grams protein, and 86 calories.
Weight Watcher’s Points 1