You don’t often find celery as the star in salads, but it sure shines in this recipe from myrecipes.com.
I’ve adjusted the recipe to serve two people, instead of eight. Mike and I just can’t eat 8 portions of celery salad – can’t imagine why that would be. I couldn’t resist swapping out the olive oil for walnut oil. It has a lighter feeling. Then I had to add a few fresh herbs to brighten things up a bit. We have to take advantage of the abundance of fresh produce this time of year!
The simplicity and crunchiness of this salad makes it a winner for sure!
Happy salad making!
- 2 ½ cups celery, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese , shredded
- ½ tablespoon walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Combine ingredients in a medium bowl and chill 20 minutes to combine flavors.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 8.33g
Total Carbs: 5.52g
Dietary Fiber: 2.43g
Weight Watchers Points 3