I know I’ve said this before, but quinoa is tops on my list for meatless meals. With lots of fiber and protein, it makes for a filling dinner. This night we had it with Bek’s sole. This recipe came from Bigoven.com.
I had some fresh asparagus in the house, so I added that to the mix, and a clove of garlic. Other than that, I wouldn’t change a thing.
It makes for great leftovers to take for lunch the next day too!
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 ¼ cups quinoa
- 1 small red bell (capsicum) peppers, finely chopped
- 3 cups water, (I used chicken broth)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rosemary, minced
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet and add onion and quinoa. Cook stirring constantly for three minutes. Add peppers and cook another two minutes.
- Add water, soy sauce and rosemary. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Take off heat and add walnuts and frozen peas.
- Note: If you are using fresh peas add them with the peppers.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 9.87g
Total Carbs: 30.70g
Dietary Fiber: 5.27g
Weight Watchers Points 5