I was looking for something to make my husband for breakfast this morning and found this blueberry filled crepe recipe on Skinny Taste. I love Gina’s lightened up version of crepes.
I used to make crepes years ago. They are so much fun, and you can fill them with almost anything.
These easy crepes are filled with berries and whipped cream. I’ve adapted this recipe a bit by adding cinnamon and nutmeg to the batter. I had blueberries and bananas in the pantry, so mine are filled with that mixture. I doubled the size of the crepes for my husband. Even so, these crepes are still a very light, sweet treat for breakfast.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups 1% milk
- 1/3 cup egg whites (or 2 large egg whites)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- Butter flavored spray
- Powdered sugar
- Berry Filling:
- 1 - 6 0z package blackberries
- 1 - 6 0z package raspberries
- 1 - 12 oz package strawberries, cut in quarters
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Fat Free Cool Whip
- Combine berries and sugar.
- Whisk together flour, milk, eggs, oil.
- Heat a large nonstick pan on medium-low.
- Spray with cooking spray to coat bottom of skillet. Pour about 1/4 cup crepe mixture into pan.
- Swirl pan to make crepe thin.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bottom of crepe is light golden brown. F
- Flip the crepe and cook 1 minute or until light golden brown.
- Serve with whipped cream into center of each crepe, and top with berry mixture and fold each edge of crepe over filling. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.
Total Fat 1g
Saturated Fat 0g
Old WW Points 2