If you are new to my blog, you might not know that I’ve challenged myself to use up everything in my over-flowing pantry, refrigerator and freezer. No going to the store except to get cat food, wine, coffee and milk. Gotta have those things to survive!
I’m still working on party leftovers. I must admit, my husband who is usually willing to eat most things, is very tired of revamped party food. Maybe the beer will help, huh? Anyway, I have grilled chicken, red onion, fresh corn, chopped bell peppers and black beans.
My mother used to make a Mexican casserole that was topped with corn bread and filled with cheese and ground beef. We called it “Tamalie Pie.” I decided to make a lighter version of Tamalie pie using cheese and baked tortilla chips for the topping instead.
- 2 cups corn
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups plum tomato, diced
- 1 cup mexican light cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute bell pepper and onion in olive oil until tender.
- Add corn, black beans, lime juice, chopped chicken breast, tomato, taco seasoning mix and 1 cup water and put in a 13 x 9 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and tortilla chips.
- Bake 20 minutes until cheese has melted and filling is heated through.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 18.33g
Total Carbs: 45.49g
Dietary Fiber: 7.60g
Weight Watchers Points 10
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.