Grilled peaches by themselves make a healthy dessert, but served with a pomegranate vinaigrette, they’re out of this world!
Can you believe I’ve never grilled peaches?
When Bobby Flay grills fruit I’m so impressed, yet I’ve never tried it myself. The simplicity of grilling a peach to make a yummy dessert, seemed too good to be true.
Boy was I wrong! Nothing could have been easier than pitting my peaches and throwing them on the grill until they gave off a lovely aroma and had colorful grill marks.
I decided to come up with my own sweet concoction to top my juicy dessert. This recipe for grilled peaches with sweet balsamic syrup was even better with a dollop of sour cream and fresh mint from the garden.
Thanks Bobby! As usual the King of the Grill is right on the money.
Healthy cooking tip . . .
Be sure your grill is squeaky clean. You don’t want bits of charred food from past grilling events on your peaches – yuck!
- 1 ½ cups Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 large peaches, halved with pit removed
- 4 teaspoons light sour cream
- 4 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 1. In a small saucepan, add vinegar and sugar. Heat over medium low heat and bring to a low simmer for 20 - 30 minutes until vinegar is reduced to a syrup consistency. Remove from heat.
- 2. Oil very clean grill with canola oil and heat to medium.
- 3. Spray cut side of peaches with cooking spray and place cut side down on the grill. Grill for 2 - 3 minutes per side until there are nice grill marks on the peaches. You just want to heat them through and get those grill marks. You don't want to cook them to mush.
- 4. Remove to dessert plates and top with syrup, a dollop of sour cream, and mint.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 112, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 3
Total Fat: 0.73g
Total Carbs: 25.30g
Dietary Fiber: 3.93g
Nutrition details obtained from whfoods.org, nutritiondata.com, about.com, and abouthomecooking.com. The statements made here are strictly my opinion and are not meant to replace medical advice from your physician. Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.