Stuff tortillas with apples, cream cheese, cinnamon to make this super easy dessert.
I can skip the chocolate, cookies, and cakes, but if you hand me a dessert with apples in the mix like these stuffed tortillas, I can’t resist!
Apple cake, apple cobbler, apple buckles, applesauce with whipped cream and crushed graham crackers (a treat Grandma Karen served when I was a kid).
So when Tortilla Land sent me samples of their tortillas and I had extras, I knew just what to make with them. Tortillas stuffed with a bit of light cream cheese and tender apples spiced with cinnamon.
The best thing about this dessert is that I don’t have to feel guilty about eating it!
Healthy cooking tip . . .
I have nothing against full fat dairy products. Often times a bit of a full fat product works better in a recipe than a low fat version. However, when the ingredient isn’t going to change the texture or flavor of a dish, I opt for low fat versions over full fat. I rarely choose nonfat. In most cases the product has increased sugar to replace the missing fat. I’d rather have a bit more fat, than loads of sugar.
- 2 medium tortillas
- 2 large apples, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 2 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, add apples, honey, cinnamon and 3/4 cups water. Cook for 15 - 20 minutes until the apples are tender. Add additional water if needed. Apples should not be watery.
- 2. Combine cream cheese and lemon juice until softened and spreadable.
- 3. Toast tortillas in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just brown. Spread one side of a tortilla with cream cheese, then top with 1/2 the apples. Fold the tortilla over then warm through again on each side in the skillet.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 204, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 3
Total Fat: 3.26g
Total Carbs: 23.41g
Dietary Fiber: 4.17g
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.