I made a few modifications to this asparagus and mushroom recipe from Vegetarian Times by Melynda Saldenais, adding mushrooms in place of some of the 3 pounds of asparagus the recipe originally called for.
The combination of slightly crunchy asparagus and meaty mushrooms could easily turn this into a meatless meal just adding some nutty brown rice to soak up the sauce.
I would use reduced sodium soy sauce if you have it available to reduce the sodium content in this dish.
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced in 1" pieces
- 2 cups mushrooms , sliced
- ? cup soy sauce
- ? cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch red pepper
- 1. Combine marinade ingredients and reserve 1/2 of the marinade mixture for another use.
- 2. Steam asparagus until crisp-tender.
- 3. Spray non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- 4. Add mushrooms and saute until tender.
- 5. Add asparagus and marinade. Cook for 5 minutes until veggies are just tender.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 4.47g
Total Carbs: 7.92g
Dietary Fiber: 1.31g
Old Weight Watchers Points 2
This site contains affiliate links that help me maintain this blog, and meet my strict standards for quality content. Copyright Notice: Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right’s images and original content are copyright protected. Do not publish these materials without written permission.