This savory egg wrap is my all-time, make me a happy camper, breakfast.
Weekend mornings are often spent with Mr. Mike at Starbucks. We plop down at our favorite table with iPads in hand, sip our coffee, share funny YouTube videos, and I munch on a Spinach and Feta Breakfast Wrap.
No blueberry muffin for me. I’m hooked on those savory wraps with tomato sauce, spinach and feta. They’re the lowest calorie breakfast item on the menu, and completely delicious.
Thankfully, they aren’t that complicated to copy cat either.
After dissecting the contents of my breakfast wrap, I quickly discovered I could recreate it with very little fuss. All I needed were eggs, spaghetti sauce, spinach or kale, feta cheese and whole grain tortillas.
What do you think?
I whipped a few eggs, warmed a whole grain tortilla, spread my sauce, then covered it with kale and feta cheese.
A quick wrap and pin with a toothpick, then my Starbucks breakfast wrap is on my own kitchen table. Even better, I don’t have to dress and drive. I can eat in my pajamas!
I’ve been making these easy breakfast wraps for awhile now and discovered long ago that they reheat beautifully on work day mornings. I roll them up in plastic wrap and store them in the frig. Now I can be a happy camper all week!
Just a reminder that you can leave a comment on this post for peanut butter banana cookies to win a box of Old Factory soy candles. I’ll post the winner on Monday, January 12th, so hop on over.
That’s it for this week’s super slender breakfast recipes. Next week I’m all about super slender lunch ideas, so stay tuned!
Savory breakfast wraps with eggs, kale, tomato sauce and feta cheese.
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg whites
- 8 tablespoons spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoons low fat feta cheese
- 2 medium whole wheat tortillas
- Whip eggs until well blended.
- Preheat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat, spray with cooking spray.
- Pour in eggs. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes until the edges are cooked and you are able to gently flip the eggs over. Cook another 2 - 3 minutes until eggs are cooked through. Remove from heat and cut in half.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave for a few seconds, then cover each tortilla with spaghetti sauce.
- Top the middle of each tortilla with eggs, kale, feta cheese and tomatoes.
- Fold tortilla over egg mixture, cut in half and pin halves together with toothpicks.
Food energy: 267kcal
Saturated fatty acids: 4.31g
Monounsaturated fatty acids: 3.11g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 1.60g
Total fat: 9.01g
Calories from fat: 81
Carbohydrate, by difference: 29.10g
Total dietary fiber: 2.49g
Total lipid (fat): 9.80g
Total sugars: 4.95g