This colorful strawberry dessert skips calorie busters like pie crust and uses wonton cups instead.
I have a crazy obsession with wonton wrappers.
Many moons ago, I used them to make mini quiche for an appetizer I needed for a party, and I’ve been hooked on their versatility every since.
A package of 48 wonton wrappers costs me less than $3.00, with Nasoya being the brand I prefer. They’re always fresh, and have a good shelf life in the frig.
It didn’t take me long to bake this pile of wonton wrappers into mini cups, perfect for filling with strawberries and whipped cream.
Who could resist this easy dessert? It’s fresh, colorful and low calorie.
But don’t stop with strawberries, you can fill these sweetly spiced cinnamon wonton cups will all kinds of fresh fruit, and later this week I’ll post my super easy mini pumpkin cheesecakes. You’ll see why my wonton cup obsession is out of control.
I’m off to see what else I can create with my wonton wrappers. It’s the perfect time of year to try out new recipes on family and friends. It’s a good thing they love me! They never know what I might serve them next!
Have a terrific week, and happy holidays everyone!
Easy Dessert Recipe - Sugar and Cinnamon Wonton Cups with Strawberries and Cream
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 24 ea Wonton Wrappers
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Not included in this recipe nutrition calculations are sliced strawberries and whipped cream.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using kitchen shears, round off the corners of each wrapper.
- Gently place wrappers into the wells of a cupcake tin.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Spray wontons with cooking spray, and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 8 - 12 minutes until wrappers are very lightly browned. Watch carefully as depending on how hot your oven cooks, these burn quickly.
- Cool and store in a Ziplock bag.
- Fill wonton cups with sliced strawberries and top with whipped cream.
Food energy: 39kcal
Saturated fatty acids: 0.44g
Monounsaturated fatty acids: 0.21g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 0.10g
Total fat: 0.75g
Calories from fat: 6
Carbohydrate, by difference: 7.24g
Total dietary fiber: 0.51g
Total lipid (fat): 0.83g
Total sugars: 1.96g