By Friday I’m working on saving a few calories for the weekend. It isn’t unusual for dinner commitments to derail my healthy eating plan, so this easy pizza recipe is a good place to start. It’s low in calories and very satisfying.
A simple tortilla makes a terrific pizza crust. I topped my tortilla with fresh tomato sauce, creamy beans, and sweet basil, but you could top them with anything you like. Leftover chicken and roasted vegetables would be a good choice too.
Healthy cooking tip . . .
Using fresh herbs in a recipe vastly improves the flavor. Parsley, cilantro and basil (when in season) are often readily available in the produce aisles of your local grocery store, and perk up almost any dish.
Congratulations to Magic of Spice, Andra Kiser, Nicole Seana, and she-fit.com! I’ll contact you for your address information and NuNaturals will send your stevia products.
- 2 medium tortillas
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup white beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup basil, leaves
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, add oil. Then add onion and garlic and cook for 4 - 5 minutes to soften. Then add tomatoes and ¼ cup water. Cook for 15 - 20 minutes until tomatoes are cooked down.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350.
- 3. In a dry nonstick skillet over medium heat toast the tortillas on both sides, and then move to a large cookie sheet.
- 4. Top each tortilla with tomato sauce, basil leaves, white beans and cheese. Bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 408, Weight Watchers PointsPlus 6
Total Fat: 10.85g
Total Carbs: 23.30g
Dietary Fiber 10.69g
Please see disclaimer for further details. Nutrition information is compiled with MacGourmet. If you find discrepancies, please let me know. It’s important to me that I provide you with accurate information.