It’s fall, and I’m not ready for it yet. I love all this warm weather we are having in Seattle! Sunny, blue skies. Seattle at it’s best. Blue skies and green trees. Still, you can feel fall in the air, so it was time to take out the crock pot and make something crock pot like.
My cooking challenge of the month limits me to six ingredients. Slow cooking makes that an easier task. The food cooks until it’s tender and savory. Yum!
We are big fans of brussel sprouts in this house. The local farmers market had tiny brussel sprouts that looked perfect for soup. Beef broth, potato and chunks of tender beef made for a hearty beef soup. Great if you have a meat and potatoes guy in your house!
- 2 pounds pot roast, cubed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large bay leaf
- 4 cans beef broth
- 6 medium potato, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups brussels Sprouts, baby sized
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1. Brown meat in olive oil with onion.
- 2. Add to crock pot with beef broth and bay leaves.
- 3. Cook for 2 hours on high until beef is just getting tender.
- 4. Add potatoes and brussels sprouts and cook another 2 - 3 hours until vegetables and meat is tender.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 25.32g
Total Carbs: 11.54g
Dietary Fiber: 3.20g
Weight Watchers Points 9