Dads and grills go hand in hand, don’t they? It’s like a right of passage when a young man gets his first grill – lights it – then manages to singe off his eyebrows. That first experience initiates the desire to master the grill.
Most men drool over the perfect grill as they walk through Home Depot. You can see their eyes glaze over as they dream about setting up their masterpiece. My husband’s grill has a small refrigerator. Don’t think he doesn’t point that out to company over and over again.
Men even have grilling etiquette. You’ll never see one man take over his friend’s grill unless officially asked to do so first.
And they all know the perfect way to grill ribs, chicken, and of course – the best burgers.
If these burger recipes don’t send Dad off to the grill, here are a few more inspiring recipes that might do the trick . . .
* Dad’s Better Burger from Drick’s Rambling Cafe is a classic beef burger with a kicked up Creole sauce.
* Healthy Delicious uses my favorite trick of adding veggies to the mix in her Beef and Zucchini Burgers.
* Are you a fan of buffalo meat? How about 5 Star Foodie’s Buffalo Buffalo Burger.
* Cookin’ Canuck’s Smoky Burger Sliders with Grilled Pineapple & Chipotle Mayonnaise makes me happy – I love chipotle!
* You won’t miss the meat with One Perfect Bite’s Marinated Portobello Burgers with Caramelized Onions and Roasted Garlic Aioli.
* How about a savory Greek burger from Suburban Spoon?
* There has to be a blue cheese burger in the bunch, and Suzie the Foodie’s take on Bitchin Kitchen’s Blue-Cheese Burgers & Roasted Garlic Aioli with Canadian Living’s Caramelized Onions fits the bill perfectly.
Just in case Dad’s mouth still isn’t watering, check out allrecipes.com. I’m sure you’ll find something there.
So here’s to fathers everywhere, and all the amazing things they do! Now fire up the grill. After looking at all this food, I’m starving!
Last updated byat .