I’ve been working on this good for you muffin recipe with stick to your ribs goodness for a long time. I needed a muffin that wouldn’t leave me hungry again in an hour.
I think I’ve found it using these hearty ingredients – Omega-3 loaded flax seed, whole wheat pastry flour, antioxidant rich berries, and sliced almonds.
This muffin recipe won’t leave you hungry in an hour, and even better, it’s terrific with coffee!
Flax Seed and Berry Breakfast Muffins
½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
½ cup flour
2 tsp sugar
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tablespoon flax seed meal
½ tbsp oil
½ cup fat free milk
¼ cup egg substitute 2 tablespoons almonds, sliced
1 cup blueberries or sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 and spray 6 muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Toss berries in with dry ingredients. It helps keep them from clumping together.
- Add wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake 20 minutes until done.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 3.92g
Total Carbs: 22.96g
Dietary Fiber: 3.11g
Weight Watchers Points 3
Last updated byat .